6TH ANNUAL PRIMATE PROMENADE
IPS ASP 2016
The Primate Promenade is a 5K (3.1 mile) out-and-back route conveniently beginning and ending at Navy Pier and running north along the shore of Lake Michigan. The Primate Promenade is open to runners, walkers, skippers and strollers who wish to enjoy the lakefront in the early morning and support IPS/ASP. The promenade will be staffed by volunteers on three consecutive mornings, allowing participants to take part once, twice, or even three times if they choose.
- If you have pre-registered, you can pick up your shirt and run token at the registration desk at Navy Pier
- You will need your token to participate in the run
- Runners should gather at the northwest corner of Grand and Streeter (just west of Navy Pier) at 6:15 a.m.
- The timed run will begin at 6:30 a.m.
- The run will head north on the lakefront trail to a turnaround point marked by an IPS/ASP flag
- Hand in your token at the start/finish line when you are done so we can determine top times
- Feel free to run/walk at your own pace but timing will stop at the finish line at 7:30 a.m.
The cost of the Primate Promenade is $20 for one day and includes a t-shirt (dry-fit tech shirt with IPS/ASP 2016 logo). Participants can promenade (it is a verb too!) on additional days for $5 per day. Participants can pay at the registration desk through the day before they plan to participate. Note that if you have already registered, but now want to sign up for the run (and get the cool shirt), you can return to the registration page and add that option!
The run will take place at:
Tuesday August 23, 6:15 AM
Wednesday August 24, 6:15 AM
Thursday August 25, 6:15 AM
We welcome those looking for a beautiful morning walk or looking for a competitive run.
Lester E. Fisher Center for the Study and Conservation of Apes
All Content © Lincoln Park Zoo
2001 North Clark Street | Chicago, IL 60614
Lincoln Park Zoo is open 365 days a year and is FREE every day!