August 21st 6:30-10pm
The joint IPS/ASP meeting will kick off with an opening reception held at Lincoln Park Zoo.
Getting to Lincoln Park Zoo
- You can enter the zoo at the zoo’s West Gate on N. Stockton Drive (at W. Webster Avenue). Alternatively, you may enter the zoo via the zoo’s East Gate on Cannon Drive (at Fullerton) via the zoo’s parking lot.
- If you take a bus to Lincoln Park Zoo, the #151 and #156 buses stop at the zoo’s West Gate (exit at Stockton & Webster) and the #22 and #36 buses also stop near the zoo’s West Gate (exit at Clark & Webster)
- If you take a taxi or ridesharing service to Lincoln Park Zoo, you can go to either the east or west entrance.
- We encourage you to take public transport or taxis to the zoo, but if you drive, parking is available in the zoo’s lot on Cannon Drive. For additional information on parking, please click here.
- You must be registered for the IPS/ASP Joint Meeting to attend the opening reception at Lincoln Park Zoo.
- When you arrive at either the East Gate or West Gate, please present a photo ID at the check in desk for entry. Note, no registration materials will be given out at the opening reception held at Lincoln Park Zoo, you may collect registration materials from the Registration and Help Desk at Navy Pier either before or after the opening reception.
- If you have not yet registered for the meeting, or wish to bring someone to the opening reception who is not registered for the meeting, you will be able to register yourself or a guest on-site at Lincoln Park Zoo when you arrive at either the East Gate or West Gate.
Throughout the Evening
- Bar and food service will be provided at Café at Wild Things, Park Place Café and Eadie Levy’s Landmark Café – we wish to thank Lagunitas Brewing Company and Bonobo Winery for donating beer and wine for us to enjoy at the opening reception.
- Enjoy complimentary rides on the AT&T Endangered Species Carousel!
- Wild Things! Gift Shop will be open with a 10% discount on all purchases.
- You can learn about how we care for the animals at Lincoln Park Zoo and protect endangered species in the wild through the following events: Western Lowland Gorilla Conservation and Care Chat; Amur Leopard Enrichment and Chat; Crowned Lemur Enrichment and Chat; White-cheeked Gibbon Chat; Bactrian Camel Feeding Chat; Japanese Macaque Enrichment and Chat; Aardvark Enrichment; and Lion Conservation and Care Chat
- The IPS/ASP Joint Meeting opening reception will be held rain or shine. Currently, the weather is looking good, however we encourage you to monitor the weather and of course dress accordingly! Umbrellas will be welcomed and encouraged in the case of rain.
- If you are not able to make it to the event, you may not transfer your registration to a friend or family member. There are no refunds for this event.
Lester E. Fisher Center for the Study and Conservation of Apes
All Content © Lincoln Park Zoo
2001 North Clark Street | Chicago, IL 60614
Lincoln Park Zoo is open 365 days a year and is FREE every day!